Mesothelioma Is a Cancer of Mesothelial Tissues.
Malignant Mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer. It develops on cells of the mesothelium. Mesothelial membranes having malignancies that is cancerous tumors are called as Malignant Mesothelioma or simply Mesothelioma. Membrane of cells known as mesothelium surrounds the cavities within the body of the chest, heart and abdomen. Mesothelium is the protective lining which covers many internal organs of the body such as lungs and abdomen.
It can develop-
- around the heart
- around abdominal cavity
- outer lining of the lungs
- internal chest wall
- sac which surrounds the testis.
Importance of Mesothelium
- Mesothelium is important for organs which are commonly in motion such as contraction or expansion of stomach, lungs, heart.
- Mesothelial cells assists in functioning of general organs.
- Lubrication from the mesothelial cells has important role for motion at free range within the body.
Cause to Develop Malignant Mesothelioma
This disease is the most serious of all diseases. There are some causes to develop this disease. We should be aware of those causes.
The causes to develop this cancer are-
- The most common cause to develop this cancer is working with asbestos. It includes working in such as mining where workers inhale or ingest asbestos fibers . And also where workers inhale airborne asbestos fibers and dust.
- Washing of clothes of a person who worked with asbestos also can develop mesothelioma.
Mostly it can cause by exposure to asbestos.70 to 80 percent of all these cases are caused by exposure at work.
US people consider asbestos as the major cause for development of this cancer because most of the people worked related to asbestos. And doctors diagnose around 3000 cases of this disease annually with job related to asbestos exposure. This disease can develop from 20 to 50 years after exposure to asbestos.
Read more about Information of how to find the best Meso Lawyer or meso firm for victims to get justice and cover the expenses for treatment of Malignant Mesothelioma.