Challenge to Treat Mesothelioma
To treat the disease mesothelioma is very difficult though research is going on for years since mesothelioma first identified.
It is very challenging to treat the patient suffering from mesothelioma by finding the most effective way.
Let’s see the challenges to treat mesothelioma-
- This cancer is very rare. In United States, only about 3000 patients are diagnosed of this cancer per year. So it is very difficult to run the research studies about treatment variation and comparison of treatments to determine perfect treatment at each stage of disease.
- As there isn’t a perfect evidence based science for this disease, there isn’t any reliable cure for mesothelioma but the aim of providing the treatment is to reduce pain and sufferings and help patient to survive as long as possible.
To overcome the challenges-
- Patient should choose the right mesothelioma doctor to get better result.
- There are so many mesothelioma specialized doctors throughout the country who are having deep knowledge about symptoms and treatment of malignant mesothelioma.
- If anyone is diagnosed of malignant mesothelioma and he visited his personal physician, physician refers him to a cancer center.
Cancer Center Treatment
In cancer center treatment-
- It is planned according to the age, stage of mesothelioma, affected site, cell type and overall health of patient.
- Treatment also depends upon localization of cancer, whether it is to the chest or spread to the chest wall, lymph nodes, or diaphragm.
- Plans are also vary from center to center on the basis of available resources.
Mesothelioma Treatment Therapy
The types of treatment depend on diagnosis, the stage and type of mesothelioma. Doctors offer three types of treatment-
- Radiation therapy,
are included in the treatment of mesothelioma.
These therapies are used if there are solid tumors but your doctor who is treating you, should inform about the benefits as well as risk before making a final decision.
If the disease mesothelioma is not spread, at this condition doctors offer you a combination of surgery, radiation and chemotherapy.